Due to the inclement weather approaching the area and the priority of runner safety, Busch Gardens and Flat-Out Events officials have made the decision to postpone the race scheduled for Sunday December 8, until next Sunday, December 15. We have determined that with threat of frozen precipitation, the race course inside the park would not be safe. We will follow up with further information regarding next week’s schedule, but anticipate all times to be the same. Thank you for your understanding. Your safety is our first priority.
Seeing as I drove 3 hours to get here, and my sister even more, postponing a week just won't work. I'm really bummed out over it. I was looking forward to the race, the Christmas lights and my first medal. I guess maybe I'll get to run the race next year.
I'll still be hitting the gym in the morning to get a run it, but won't be the same.